Scientific Coordinator: microbiology, molecular biology or biochemistry
The Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology in Marburg is a research institute of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science performing basic research in the field of microbiology.
We seek to recruit to the next possible date a highly motivated, proactive and team-oriented person with training in natural sciences as a Scientific Coordinator (m / f / d) to assist the Managing Director and all other directors in the daily management of the Institute’s activities in the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Preparation, organization and documentation of board of directors meetings
- Support the board of directors in the area of scientific management
- Conceptual planning, preparation, coordination and scientific editing of the research reports of the institute
- Establishment and maintenance of databases for the documentation of external third-party funds, scientific publications and training activities
- Successfully completed doctoral studies, ideally in the field of microbiology, molecular biology or biochemistry
- Experience in the field of research management and research funding
- Above-average organizational talent and flexibility
- Teamwork as well as communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of German and English
- A good working atmosphere in a service-oriented team and the opportunity for regular training.
- The payment is based on your qualification according to TVöD Bund.
- The social benefits correspond to the regulations for the civil service (Bundesdienst). The position is initially limited to two years in accordance with TzBfG, but could be extended depending on performance.
- The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more people individuals with disabilities. We therefore actively encourage individuals with disabilities to apply. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the proportion of female employees in areas where they are underrepresented.
- Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply.
- We actively support the family-friendly working environment. The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications of every background.
How to apply
- Your application should be sent to the Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Human Resources, Code 06/2020, Karl-von-Frisch-Straße 10, 35043 Marburg by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Attachments as a pdf file, no later than 29.05.2020.
- Note: Please submit the application documents only as a copy. Application documents will not be returned.
|Type of position||Scientific Coordinator|
|Subjects||microbiology, molecular biology or biochemistry|
|Closing||May 29, 2020|
|Organisation||Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology in Marburg|
Information about the Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology can also be found at www.mpi-marburg.mpg.de.