Scientist Analytical Chemistry USA
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing and Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation’s defense system.
Honeywell is seeking R&D Scientist to work in the Analytical Sciences Laboratory to basic to advanced chemical tests, processes, and procedures, which require the selection, and application of routine to complex chemistry technologies.
- Routine and non routine analytical techniques to support production and research, in addition to some method development.
- The Scientist should be able to maintain and troubleshoot various instruments used to analyze inorganic materials. Hands-on experience with a wide variety of analytical instruments, with a strong emphasis on XRF and/or SEM, with the ability to provide technical solutions to complex problems is desired.
- This position requires a strong desire to perform hands-on analytical analyses and will be responsible for assisting other scientists and technicians with a variety of day to day recurring tasks.
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy “”Q”” level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering or any related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of progressive experience in an applied Chemical Scientist or Engineering role(s) in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Laboratory environment
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a role related to testing and analysis in an analytical chemistry laboratory environment
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of analytical instruments, with a strong emphasis on XRF and/or SEM, with the ability to provide technical solutions to complex problems is desired.
- IT skills beyond basic MS Office skills involving Analytical Instrument software, networking, and other computer systems used
Note: Candidates who have greater experience are welcome to apply and may be considered for a higher level scientist classification (range includes Scientist I, II, III and Senior) commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.”
|Subject||Chemical Scientist, Engineering, Manufacturing,
|CountryHoneywell’s Federal Manufacturing||USA|