National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) is an autonomous institute of Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India and is inviting applications for the post of Scientist III/ Assistant Professor from qualified, dynamic and result-oriented scientists to carry out research in advanced areas of neuroscience, and those who have a genuine interest in teaching.
About the position:
- Candidates should have a proven record of scientific accomplishment in the form of recent peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals of international repute, and experience as per the requirements of the position.
- Candidates with research focus in these and other multidisciplinary areas that the Centre will like to develop such as – brain inspired artificial intelligence, malnutrition and the brain, brain-microbiome axis, biology of human mental illnesses, understanding sensory and cognitive process by live brain imaging, development of novel tools for neuroscience research, and neurotechnology are encouraged to apply.
- The selected candidates will be provided shared laboratory space and adequate start-up funds.
- The faculty is also required to teach and participate in the management of the Centre with responsibilities assigned by the competent authority as per requirements.
Number of positions: 02
Age: Not exceeding 40 years
- Applicant must hold PhD/equivalent degree in Engineering/ post graduate medical qualification-MD or equivalent with original high quality research work as evidenced by publications or publications & patents, with 3 years of post-qualification experience in Neuroscience or related fields.
- Nationality: Indian citizens, persons with OCI status, NRI, PIO shall be eligible for appointment.
- Send the complete application as per the prescribed format along with bio-data containing details of qualifications, positions held, professional experience/distinctions, copies of notable publications and personal details like date of birth, citizen ship status etc (preferably in a single PDF file), with names and e-mail addresses of at least five potential referees along with self-attested copies of certificate and application fee (as prescribed below) to email@example.com.
- The application should also be accompanied by a three to four page note on the proposed research programme.
- Application may be sent through email can send in the prescribed application format along with the documents to The Director, National Brain Research Centre, Nainwal Mode, Manesar 122052, Gurgaon, Haryana.
|Organization||National Brain Research Centre (NBRC)|
|Fellowship amount||As per GoI norms|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|