The Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ) invites applications for a Senior Scientific Programmer/Analyst.
About the position:
- This is an independent, self-organized position in a vibrant international environment where fascinating, ground-breaking research is being conducted.
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to actively shape his/her role and tasks while working closely with leading scientists for whom you will provide research support, develop and maintain software systems that enable scientific tasks and operation of computer-based processes at the Institute.
- Technical expertise, social competence, excellent communication skills and the willingness to constantly learn and dive into new topics are essential requirements to succeed in this position.
- Prior experience of working with biologists is desirable but not essential.
- Database programming
- Web application development
- Mobile client programming
- Server-side programming
- Analyze scientific processes and work flows and help automate them
- Support of scientific applications
- Training of scientific users
- Reporting and presenting to Directors
- Applicant must have hands-on experience with advanced programming languages (Python, Java, C++ or similar)
- Applicant must have experience with SQL (MySQL or PostrgreSQL beneficial); Linux Servers (Debian beneficial), source code repository systems (Git beneficial)
- Applicant must possess fluency in spoken and written English, knowing German would be beneficial.
Duration: initially limited to 02 years; possibilities of renewal
- Apply online
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and the position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ)|
|Fellowship Level||Technical positions|
|Subject areas||Computer Sciences, Programming languaues|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|