This award, collaboration between the Science and Engineering Research Board, India (SERB) and University of British Columbia (UBC), provides up to five scholarships per year to PhD candidates in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Each scholarship provides four years of funding: a monthly living allowance of USD 2,000 plus funding by UBC to cover tuition costs. The current competition provides scholarships for students starting their PhD program at UBC in September 2020.
- Applicants must be Indian citizens.
- Applicants should be resident in India at the time of application.
- Applicants must have completed their previous degree in India within the last 24 months of the application deadline.
- Applicants must intend to undertake research in these priority areas: Materials, Energy, Sustainable Chemistry, Quantum Computing and Spintronics, Complex systems, Theoretical Mathematical Science, Big Data, Mechanobiology / Physical Biology, Bio-energy, Genetic to Physiology, Mental Health, High Performance Computation in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, Humanoid Robotics, Cognitive Science, Mechnotronics, Advanced Manufacturing, Cyber security, Encryption and decryption, Petroleum and Petro-Chemical Engineering, Science of Climate Change, Glaciology, Modeling, Imaging, Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimizations.
- Applicants must apply to study at UBC at either its Vancouver or Okanagan campus following UBC’s normal procedures.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
|Subject areas||Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics|
|Fellowship amount||USD 24,000|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||8 May 2020|
- Total Jobs 25 Jobs
- Address India