SG Academies ASEAN Fellowship Program (2-Year)
The SG Academies ASEAN Fellowship Program aims to attract bright postgraduate researchers from ASEAN countries to Singapore research institutions for a 2-year long fellowship. The program is administered by three academies in Singapore – the Singapore National Academy of Science (SNAS), together with the Academy of Medicine Singapore (AMS), and the Academy of Engineering Singapore (AES) – and funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF).
Host Institutions: Singapore universities and research institutions such as A*STAR,
Research Areas: Science, Medicine, Engineering, and Computer Science.
- A monthly stipend ranging from S$ 4,000 to 6,500.
- An additional S$ 4,000 will be provided for overseas travel over the 2-year long fellowship period.
- Applicants must be citizens of an ASEAN country (not including Singapore).
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. Degree from a reputable institution.
- Applicants should not be more than 40 years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must be fluent in written and oral English.
Required documents for Application
Documents Required for Application should include:
- Application Form
- Research Proposal (no longer than 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor(s) / PI(s) at the Singapore University.
- Host professor / PI’s in-principle approval with his/her official email ID.
- Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from referees (e.g. current/past supervisors, collaborators, etc.) stating your suitability for this fellowship. The letters should be submitted directly by your referee.
- Browse through the webpages of available professors / PIs in Singapore research institutions (e.g. universities, A*STAR etc.) and their research areas.
- Reach out to the professor / PI you intend to work with via his/her official email and jointly develop a short research proposal (no longer than 2 pages).
- Obtain an in-principle approval from your host professor’s / PI’s sent from his/her official email ID.
- After obtaining in-principle approval from your host professor / PI, complete the Application Form.
- Thereafter, combine all required documents into one single PDF file and upload.
- Thereafter, please direct your referees to submit the reference letters.
Closing date: 30 November 2021 (Tuesday).
|Organization||Singapore National Academy of Science (SNAS)|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Fellowship amount||S$ 4,000 to 6,500|
|Eligibility||Open to ASEAN countries|
|Deadline||30 November 2021|