Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) invites applications for the SMART 2019 Scholars Programme. The applications will be accepted from 01 Feb 2019.
About the programme:
- These awards will provide a unique opportunity for recent or soon to be Ph.D. graduates to participate in the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre in Singapore, and to become members of an alumni network that we anticipate will continue to evolve and expand over the years.
- The awards, to be given annually
- It is anticipated that the recipients will take up their appointments at SMART by 1 September 2019.
- Applications are invited from scholars with less than three years postdoctoral experience
- Applicant must have received the doctoral degree by 1 August 2018.
- The fellowship recipient would be able to conduct research of his/her own choice in Singapore within, but not necessarily tied closely to, a current project in one of the five existing SMART Interdisciplinary Research Groups (IRGs).
- annual salary: S$120,000 per year
- research grant: up to S$20,000 per year
- computer purchase grant: up to S$1,000
- travel grant: up to S$2,500 per year
- eligible for a six-month stay at MIT with funds up to S$15,000
- SMART IRG: Select the SMART Interdisciplinary Research Group (IRG) you would like to conduct your research in.
- MIT Mentor: Identify the MIT faculty member who belongs to SMART that you feel could best provide mentorship and guidance on your proposed research.
- Research Statement (1-3 pages) including description of proposed research project at SMART, including some background/context, technical approach and anticipated results.
- Objective: brief description of why he/she want to conduct research at SMART in Singapore. Include some indication of how the proposed research might benefit from being conducted in Singapore, and how it might promote collaboration between the SMART faculty member from MIT, the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Career Goals
- CV (max 2 pages)
- List of Publications
- 3 Referees
Application Period and Timeline
- application period starts from 01 February 2019
- last date of applications: 12 April 2019
- The status of your application will be sent by email on or before 23 May 2019, Singapore time.
Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART)
|Subject areas||all disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||S$120,000 per year|
|Deadline||01 February 2019 to 12 April 2019|