SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India and TWAS, Italy together offers 5 fellowships annually to young foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a Doctorate in Physical Sciences.
Duration of the fellowship: 4 years (with possibility of 1 year extension)
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
About the Program:
- Age limit: 35 years
- Sandwich option: Available
- These Fellowships are tenable at the SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India for studies leading towards a doctorate degree in the physical sciences for 4 years with the possibility of a 1 year extension.
- Applicants may be enrolled for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option), or may enroll in a doctorate course at the S.N. Bose National Centre (FULL-TIME option). In both cases, the program entails only one journey to the host country.
- Institute in India will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs and food (not convertible to foreign currency).
- On-campus accommodation will be provided (no comprehensive health insurance).
- The reimbursement structure is along the lines of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) of the Government of India.
- Acceptance Letter must reach the S.N. Bose Centre by 31st July allowing the Centre a month to look into your request. This is to make sure that all applications get ample amount of attention during the selection process.
- Working language is English.
- Applicant must be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Applicant must be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Applicant must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s degree in physics/mathematics/physical chemistry.
- Applicant must be accepted by a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre.
- research proposal
- reference letters- 2
- evidence of proficiency in English (if medium of education was not English;
- evidence that applicant will return home country at the end of fellowship
|Organization||SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, TWAS|
|Subject areas||Physical Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||Students from developing countries (except India)|
|Deadline||31 MAY 2021|
- Name of Organisation Field Value