The Special PhD fellowship enables scholars not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within one year. Applicants must be in possession of a “temporary leave” certificate issued by their current employer.
Duration: ONE year
Starting date: 1 September 2018
- Applicant must have a master degree from one of the countries of the European Union or the EER or Switzerland.
- Applicant must be permanently employed.
- Applicant must not be professionally involved in scientific research.
- Applicant’s employer is ready to give temporary leave or unpaid leave for 1 year. Applicant must be entitled to return to the same job after the leave ends.
- Applicant must abandon any secondary activity and associated remuneration.
- Applicant must not have previously held an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- Applicant must contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor must assume to properly mentor and guide as doctorandus.
- The supervisor is invited by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- Complete the application online
Results Announcement: 27 June 2018
|Organization||FWO – Research Foundation Flanders|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Deadline||1 February 2018|