Ghent University every year, with support from its “Special Research Fund” (BOF), assists promising young researchers by means of a PhD grant.
Duration: 2 x 2 years.
About the Special Research Fund:
- All candidates have to apply jointly with a promoter of Ghent University.
- Before applying to the Special Research Fund (BOF) candidates are responsible for finding an UGent professor from Ghent University who is keen to act as the supervisor (‘promoter’) of their PhD research plan.
- Arts and Philosophy
- Medicine and Health Sciences (departments – in Dutch only)
- Engineering and Architecture
- Economics and Business Administration
- Veterinary Medicine (departments)
- Psychology and Educational Sciences (departments)
- Bioscience Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Political and Social Sciences
- This call is the only call from the Special Research Fund that is open to all nationalities. Both Belgian and foreign (International) students are eligible to apply.
- This implies that the call is highly competitive.
- study result of the candidates, which means applicant will be required to prove his/her position as a top student (in respect of study results)
- Applicants preferably must belong at least to the top 15% best students of the group of fellow students who took exams for the same degree (on bachelor and master level).
- Applicants with a lower candidate score stand very little chance of getting a BOF-doctoral scholarship.
- The Research Council makes a selection of the applications.
- The recommendation is based on the evaluation of the qualifications of the applicant (study results), the project and the scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s).
Arts, Law, Social Sciences, Biological Science, Engineering, Medicine, Economics, Veterinary Science
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||26 April 2021|