University of Brighton offers Sports Scholarships, paid in the autumn of the year. They are partly funded by the university’s ambassadors group.
Types of Sports Scholarships:
- The elite athletes / elite disabled athletes: for students who have reached a national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level.
- The talented sports performers: for students who have represented their sport at national or regional level or who are able to demonstrate that they have the potential to compete at these levels.
- Grants of up to a maximum of £1,500/year
- Free access to university sport facilities
- Free sports science support by BASES-accredited staff
- Access to sports medicine support at reduced rates through Sports-wise
- sports/academic mentor
- Access to University of Brighton sports coaches (if available)
- Access to an extensive partnership network including Sport England and regional sports providers
- Loan of a laptop to assist with academic commitments at training camp.
- Applicant must have reached a junior or senior national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level (or equivalent) in sport.
- Applicant must have been accepted on a University of Brighton course or be a current student of the university, or a directly funded course at a partner college.
How to apply:
- Download the sports scholarship application pack and complete the online application form.
- Elite – 30 June (yearly)
- Talented – applications will be accepted throughout the year.
|Organization||University of Brighton|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||National/regional level sports person|
|Deadline||30 June each year.|