Postdoc in astronomy with a focus on multi-messenger astrophysics at the Department of Astronomy, Stockholm University
Ref.no SU FV-3562-20
Within the research project “Gravity meets light”, multi-messenger signals from mergers of compact objects are studied from a theoretical and observational perspective. We are looking for a well-qualified postdoctoral fellow for research on electromagnetic equivalents for gravitational wave detections.
The employee will work at the Oskar Klein Center for Cosmoparticle Physics, a dynamic scientific environment that includes more than a hundred researchers working with theory and experiments in astronomy, astrophysics and particle physics, at Stockholm University and the Royal Institute of Technology.
The main task is to conduct research in theoretical astrophysics within the framework of the project.
Eligibility requirements: A doctoral degree or has a foreign degree that is deemed to correspond to a doctoral degree.
You apply for the job via Stockholm University’s recruitment system (online – see the link below).
When you apply, we ask you to fill in the following information
- your contact and personal information
- your highest degree
- your language skills
- contact information for 2-3 reference persons
- The reference persons must send letters of recommendation separately to email@example.com .
and to attach the following documents
- personal letter
- CV – degrees and other educations, work experience and list of publications
- project plan / research plan (should not exceed 3 pages) which describes:
– why you are interested in the topic / project described in the advertisement
– why and how you want to run the project
– what makes you suitable for the project in question
- copy of proof of doctoral degree
- own publications that you wish to refer to (max. 3 files).
Last application date: 2021-01-15 .
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|