University of St Andrews invites applications to be the St Andrews Fellow in Theology & Science. This fellowship is 33 month Postdoctoral fellowship, commencing in January 2017.
The postdoc’s basic responsibility is to carry out the research agenda, publishing both in established journals of science and religion as well as ‘mainstream’ theology journals where the subject may, so far, be overlooked. Other responsibilities include creating and teaching one new UG course on some area of science and religion, contributing to other teaching modules as needed, and assisting with administrative responsibilities for a wider network of associated science and religion projects.
The fellow will be supervised by Dr John Perry.
Salary: £31,656 to £34,576/annum
Start: January 2017 or as soon as possible
Duration: Fixed term; 33 months
- Applicants must hold a Doctorate in theology or a science.
- Applicant having advanced degrees in both theology or religion and a science will be preferred.
- Recipient will have potential for world-class research at the intersection of theology and science, a clearly-defined research agenda that is both ambitious and achievable, and excellent teaching skills.
- Candidate’s project and interests will complement existing strengths in the University’s School of Divinity.
- Applications from women are encouraged.
- Apply online
- Cite reference number: AR1831SB
|Organization||University of St Andrews|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|Subject areas||Theology, Religion|
|Fellowship amount||£31,656 – £34,576 per annum|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
|Deadline||3 October 2016|
For Further Details: Click