The fundamental objectives of the START programme are the promotion of young scientists with at least 2 and at most 8 years of postdoc experience and who have produced scientific work of high-class international standards. Cutting edge research is the outcome of teamwork by eminent scholars determined to give something novel for society. The Programme is aimed to target highly qualified scholars of any discipline.
There are no quotas regulating the distribution of awards between subject areas. The START programme is one of the most cordially supported research programmes for individual researchers working in Austria. As such, it attracts considerable media attention and thus contributes significantly to the understanding and acceptance of scientific research by society.
Exceptionally young researchers of any discipline with 2 or more yrs research experience as Postdoctoral study
Successful applicants should be given the long-term and broad financial security to plan their research work & to develop their own research groups thereby qualifying themselves for senior positions (especially as university professors within Austria or abroad).
Applicants must have:
- Completed doctoral degree (no less than 2 years & no longer than 8 years)
- Extensions to this time duration may be permitted in case of eligible career breaks (see guidelines).
- Outstanding research proposal & excellent international track record
- Scientific independence must be proven,
- It is preferable that the applicant have finished research reside abroad of at least 1 year
Six years, an interim review after three years decides on continuation
- One-page academic abstract in English
- Academic abstract in English
- Research abstracts containing the following information: project title; content of research project; hypotheses; methods
- an explanation indicating what is new and/or special about the project.
- Letter of recommendation from the Host research institution
|Austrian Science Fund (FWF)
|EUR 200.000 per annum
|Open to all nationalities
|20th September 2021
- Name of Organisation Field Value