The Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology (BGHS) awards Start-up scholarships to international MA graduates who would like to pursue a Ph.D. degree.
- Political science
Number of Scholarships: up to 06
Duration: 04 months; scholarships will be granted for the Summer Term of each year from 01 April until 31 July
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in sociology, history, political science, social anthropology or gender studies
- Applicants from other related disciplines may apply for the scholarship
- Institute strongly encourage women to apply
- Applications from pre-doctoral researchers are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must speak either German or English fluently.
- After completion of their stay, the awardee presents their developed projects to the BGHS community and submit a final report.
- a stipend of EUR 1,200/month
- supplemented by an allowance for children (if applicable)
- Upon application, travel costs can also be covered
- Applications must be submitted online. Following documents are required to be attached:
- Covering letter (600 words max.)
- CV (1,000 words max.)
- Summary of MA thesis (600 words max.)
- Project description (800 words max.)
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor/advisor
- University and college certificates and transcripts
|Organization||Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology (BGHS)|
|Subject areas||Sociology, History, Political Science, Social Anthropology, Gender Studies|
|Fellowship amount||EUR 1,200/month|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|