Postdoc position is open in Statistical Computing, Statistical method development and biological data science in the group of Wolfgang Huber at EMBL Heidelberg. This position demands for an energetic and creative researcher in the areas of statistical method development, statistical computing and biological data science. Candidates who are driven by developing mathematical methods and computational solutions for new technologies and data types, with the goal of integrated understanding of heterogeneous, multi-modal omic data (including DNA sequence, epigenome transcriptome, proteome) in drug target discovery and validation may apply for the post.
The position is element of co-operation with Cellzome, a business positioned on the campus of EMBL, and provides the prospect of doing academic, open research in the field of novel drug target discovery and drug development. The successful candidate will contribute to the Bio-conductor project through participation in computational frameworks for multi-omic data analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate must have brilliant quantitative and analytical skills.
- Candidate must be PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related fields. Aspirant must be keen to make an impact in biomedical research.
- Candidate must be curious to work in interdisciplinary projects and continuously looking to expand his/her horizon.
- Proficiency in scientific computing is required, including low level like C and high level like R languages.
- Familiarity in large scale data analysis will be valuable.
- A suitable record of productivity (proved by scientific papers or scientific software) is expected.
- Candidate is required to work independently and take responsibility during the project, strong in teamwork and communication skills should be good, reliability, attention to detail and effective in time management.
|Organization||European Molecular Biology Laboratory|
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Deadline||11 May 2016|
Contact: Wolfgang Huber (http://www.huber.embl.de)
For Further Details: Click