Study in Canada Scholarships
The new Study in Canada Scholarships program will offer full academic scholarships for up to two years of study at the post-secondary level that leads to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada.
Areas: The Study in Canada Scholarships program is open to students from all disciplines.
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration, level and program of study. The scholarship values are:
- Up to CAD 60,000 for programs of one academic year in duration (e.g., two academic terms of up to 4 months each)
- Up to CAD 120,000 for programs of two academic years in duration (e.g., up to 20 months, including four academic terms of up to 4 months each and one intervening spring/summer term of up to 4 months)
- visa and/or study/work permit fees and/or travel related to the collection of biometrics;
- economy-class airfare, for the scholarship recipient only, to Canada by the most direct and economical route and return airfare upon completion of the scholarship;
- health insurance;
- tuition fees and mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months, including four academic terms (up to 16 months) and one spring/summer term (up to 4 months) for those enrolled in two-year programs;
- living expenses, for the scholarship recipient only, such as accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Duration: One academic year and up to a maximum of two academic years (up to 20 months total, including one intervening spring/summer term of up to 4 months).
- must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries:
- Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu. Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible. NOTE: Palestinian candidate students residing in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are eligible, and may be requested to provide supporting documentation demonstrating their Palestinian identity.
- must not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada;
- must apply for admission to a full time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution;
- should indicate their interest in being considered for the Study in Canada Scholarships program when applying;
- must not already be participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada;
- may already be enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada;
- must meet the entrance requirements for the proposed program of study at the time of submitting an application; and
- must possess the linguistic competencies necessary to undertake studies in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French).
Application period: January to March 2020
|Organization||University in Canada|
|Subject Area||All Disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for Selected nationalities|