Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports is offering Summer Schools of Slavonic Studies (Czech language courses). The summer school will be organised by several public universities in the Czech Republic.
- Charles University (Faculty of Arts, Prague),
- Charles University Institute for Language and Preparatory Studies, Poděbrady,
- Masaryk University (Faculty of Arts, Brno), Palacký
- University in Olomouc (Faculty of Arts, Olomouc),
- University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice (Faculty of Arts, České Budějovice)
- University of West Bohemia in Plzeň
Duration: The courses are held during the summer months (July – September); 3 to 4 weeks (depending on the course content)
About the programme:
- The summer courses are designed for foreign students, teachers, translators and interpreters and other experts active in the field of Czech/Slavonic studies.
- The courses has broad scope, however, open to anyone else who is interested in the Czech language, literature, history and culture.
- The Summer Schools offer language courses at various levels of proficiency, seminars on the Czech literature, culture and history, free-time activities including theatrical, musical and dance performances, trips etc.
- Free board and lodging (incl. breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- coverage of course fees,
- free access to cultural events, trips organized within a Summer School course.
Albania, Austria, Belgium – Flemish Community, Belgium – French Community, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada (Alberta), China, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, the United Kingdom and Vietnam.
Note: Scholarships can only be awarded to applicants who are nominated by the competent authorities in the above mentioned countries (the selection of applicants is usually performed by the respective foreign government agencies; in several cases by the Czech diplomatic missions).
How to apply:
- Download the application form and attach the following:
- CV (in Czech or English)
- Cover letter
- Certificate on language skills
- Filled in applications with all appendixes should be submitted to the respective receiving institution (it can be either a foreign government agency; in several cases by the Czech diplomatic missions).
|Organization||Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS)|
|Fellowship Level||Summer School|
|Subject areas||Culture and Literacy|
|Eligibility||Open to selected countries|
|Deadline||31st March 2019|