Department of Science & Technology (Government of India) had instituted a scheme titled “SwarnaJayanti Fellowships” to memorialize India’s 50th year of Independence. Under the SwarnaJayanti Fellowships scheme a selected number of young scientists, with outstanding track record, are provided special assistance and support to enable them to carry out their research in frontier areas of science and technology.
Duration: 5 years
- Fellowship: as per the Government of India rules
- Fellowship grants for equipments, computational facilities, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel and other special requirements (if any)
- Applicant must hold PhD in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine and should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of Government of India.
- Applicant (Scientists) must be active in the frontier area of science and engineering with exceptional contributions in the form of research publications and/ or patents, peer recognition from scientific community, awards etc. in his/ her area of research.
- Applications are open to Indian Nationals having a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization.
- Applicant must fall in the age group of 30 to 40 years as on December 31, 2017.
- Apply online
- There is no need to send a hard copy
|Organization||Department of Science & Technology (Government of India)|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 25,000/- per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 March 2020|