Department of Applied Sciences, Northumbria University opens research fellow position in organic chemistry.
Main responsibilities will include:
- synthesis of novel 1,2,4-triazine ligands for the separation of actinides from lanthanides, and assessment of their performance to separate actinides from lanthanides using solvent extraction experiments and radioanalytical techniques in collaboration with external partners.
- Developing strong collaborative research networks with both internal and external partners, and liaising with academic and industrial collaborators and reporting research results on a regular basis, and
- Presenting research findings in refereed journals and at conferences of international standing.
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry,
- Expertise in planning and executing synthetic sequences and in optimizing reaction conditions to improve yields.
- Previous experience in performing radio analytical measurements (gamma spectroscopy, ICP-MS) is an advantage, but is not needed as training will be provided.
- Outstanding communication, organisation and administrative skills are also required.
Dr Frank Lewis, Senior Lecturer in Organic Chemistry, at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Download application form from within the relevant vacancy page (Word format)
To download an application form visit: https://work4.northumbria.ac.uk/hrvacs/hls1614
Complete your application following our guidance notes
Email the completed form, along with any required supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy reference number in the subject of your email.
Closing Date: December 14th, 2016