2 PhD scholarships are available in Fungal Genomics Driven Discovery and Synthetic Biology under the Department of Systems Biology. The department is dedicated to the exploitation of biodiversity as a source of new chemical pathways and compounds; and, through the understanding of cell biology and physiology, use systems and synthetic biology to design advanced cell factories.
Subject areas undertaken by department research groups are:mycology, molecular biology, analytical natural product chemistry, bioinformatics and fermentation technology.
- Applicant must have master’s degree in engineering or a similar subject with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
- Applicant must have good command of English
- The research group work as a team and documentation of collaborative skills via recommendation letters will be advantageous
- PhD student: applicant is required to hold a master’s degree in analytical chemistry/biochemistry/organic chemistry or another related field.
- Applicant must have strong documentation skills within analytical chemistry. Experience with NMR-based structural elucidation of small molecules and bioinformatics will be added advantage.
- PhD student 2: applicant is required to hold a master’s degree in molecular biology/biotechnology/biochemistry or another related field.
- Applicant must have strong documentation for skills within fungal molecular biology and documentation skills within bioinformatics.
Approval and Enrolment
- Scholarships for the doctoral degree are subjected to academic approval, and the candidates will be registered in one of the general degree program of DTU.
- Valuation of the applicants will be made by Associate Professor Thomas O. Larsen and Professor Uffe H. Mortensen.
Duration: 3 years.
- Motivation letter (cover letter)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU)|
Life Sciences, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry
|Fellowship amount||As per norms|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||22 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click