National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) National Chiao Tung University, a top research university in Taiwan located adjacent to the Hsinchu Science Park (the Silicon Valley of Asia), emphasizes the integration of science and humanities by offering innovative trainings and interdisciplinary studies in a full spectrum of disciplines.
This program is proposed for Master or PhD students from partner universities and other renowned foreign universities to participate in short-term research at NCTU (Partner school students would be considered first).
in the areas of engineering, social science, computer science, biological science, electrical and computer engineering or management, etc.
At the end of the research, students will be asked to submit a report regarding their research work at NCTU. Qualified students would be offered 1) free round-trip economy class flight ticket from their home country to Taiwan and *2) additional NTD 5,000 scholarship (including 6% tax) for the first month in NCTU.
- All applicants are to firstly contact and identify a professor at NCTU to be their research supervisor.
- Required documents for application
- Application form (typewritten)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Research Proposal of your internship in NCTU (no more than 1 A4 page)
- The Invitation Letter from NCTU supervisor (The letter is compulsory for visa process. It should be formal and with professor’s signature, department, email address on it.)
- Latest “Enrollment Letter” with official stamp from the home university (or valid student ID card with expiry date on it, please make sure the enrollment letter should cover your duration of internship in NCTU)
- A copy of valid passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- *A stamped proof issued by home university that internship is one of the graduation criteria or part of course requirement (5-year Integrated program 4th year Undergraduate students only, it’s compulsory for visa process)
Important Dates of Application
There are 3 rounds of applications; students may choose either one according to the following deadline.
Application Deadline Research
1st Round 7th Dec., to 17th Feb., onward
2nd Round 7th March, 9th May, onward
3rd Round 7th June, 1st Aug., onward
How to Apply
Please send the “complete application package” in order in one time via both
1) email and
2) hard copies by registered express mail before the above “Application Deadline”. (*Note: Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Mark your application package as “Application for 2017 NCTU Taiwan Elite Internship Program” and send to the below address: Katie LAI (Ms.) Office of International Affairs National Chiao Tung University 1001 University Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30010, R.O.C.
For any question regarding your application, please contact: Coordinator: Katie LAI (Ms.) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +886-3-571-2121#50665
- Name of Organisation Field Value