The Taiwan Fellowship was established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award scholarships to foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. The Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies. The application process will begin in May 2018, and recipients will begin their research in Taiwan in January 2018.
Financial assistance / Scholarships
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows will be awarded a NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates will be awarded a NT$50,000.
- One round-trip
- The terms of fellowship are 3 – 12 months.
- Accident insurance coverage of NT$1 million.
Conditions of Eligibility
Recipients shall be foreign candates at any of the following level:
- Professors, associate professors, assistant professors,
- Post-doctoral researchers,
- Doctoral candidates,
- Doctoral program students
- Research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
Fellowship administrator: Center for Chinese Studies at National Central Library
Application Period: For 2021 online application period will be from May 1 to June 30, 2020.
|Salary||Scholarship varies as per the level of study/research|
|Deadline||May 1 to June 30, 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value