Technician (Research) in Biocatalysis is required by Faculty of Science, Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences.
About the Project:
- Carry out routine and custom research in biochemistry and molecular biology
- perform tasks related to molecular biology (i.e. generation of gene libraries, site-directed mutagenesis, gene cloning, etc)
- perform tasks related to biochemistry (i.e. optimization of cell cultures, protein expression and purification, biochemical characterization of recombinant enzymes)
- in collaboration with other group members, develop new methods for the generation and the screening of libraries of enzyme variants
- in collaboration with the other group members, develop analytical methods and assays for the screening of enzyme libraries
- exhibit the highest degree of reliability and accuracy to assure quality and reproducibility of results;
- perform daily management and organization of the laboratory
- instruct (in collaboration with the supervisor) PhD and under- graduate students to the good practice in laboratory work and maintenance of a safe working environment;
- travel to workshops, collaborators and other universities in the Netherlands may be occasionally required;
- keep updated with the latest relevant literature related to the own research project;
- in collaboration with supervisor and senior team members, contact suppliers and ordering consumables and instrument parts when required
Technician (Research) Requirements:
- Relevant degree in chemistry or life sciences background with a special focus on biochemistry.
- Any track record detailing your experience will be carefully considered in the selection process and previous experience in the field of industrial (white) biotechnology and / or enzymology is an advantage.
- Applications for the position at the University of Amsterdam may only be submitted by sending your application to email@example.com
- To process your application immediately, please quote vacancy number 16-192 and the position you are applying for in the subject-line.
- Applications must include a CV, a list of publications (if applicable), a motivation letter, and the names and contact details of two academic referees.
- All these should be grouped in one PDF attachment.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Chemistry, Life Science, Biochemistry|
|Fellowship amount||€2,651 to €3,642/month|
|Deadline||1 July 2016|
For Further Details: Click