The University of Otago is offering Frances Hodgkins Fellowship 2022. The Fellowship was established by the University Council in 1962 and was initiated by the generous interest of anonymous friends of the University. The general purpose of the Frances Hodgkins Fellowship Fund is to aid and encourage painters and sculptors in the practice of their art, to associate them with the life of the University, and at the same time to foster an interest in the Arts within the University.
Duration: 1 February 2022 to 31 January 2023
Conditions of Award:
- The Fellowship shall be open to any man or woman normally resident in New Zealand who must have: has executed sufficient work as a painter or sculptor to show that they are possessed of some talent as such, and is a serious artist who will be diligent in their endeavours to practice, improve and develop such talent, and will benefit from holding of the Fellowship.
- Applicants for the Fellowship need not possess a degree or diploma or have attained any particular educational standard or be a member of any art society or group of artists or of any other body.
- Other qualifications and considerations between applicants for the award of the Fellowship being more or less equal, preference may be given to an applicant under the age of forty years.
- The Fellowship shall normally be awarded for a term of one year, but may be awarded for a shorter period.
- The holder of the Fellowship shall be eligible to apply for the Fellowship for a second term of up to one year either immediately following their first term or at any subsequent time but in no case shall a Fellowship be held for a total of more than two years.
Applications must include CV, a catalogue of works and a work plan of how candidate can propose to make use of the Fellowship if awarded. Candidate should also give details of three referees. The following documentation to be submitted as attachments:
- Word (.doc/.docx)
- Word Perfect (.wpd)
- Excel (.xls/.xlsx)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
Reference number: 2100509
|Organization||University of Otago|
|Deadline||1 June 2021|