The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) is offering the Ulam Programme, helps foreign researchers to develop their careers by intensifying international mobility and to allow them to establish scientific cooperation with excellent host institutions in Poland.
About the program:
- The aim of the Ulam Programme is to increase the internationalisation of Polish HEIs and scientific institutions.
- The Programme will allow both recognised and promising scientists with at least the doctoral degree, to visit Poland in order to strengthen the scientific potential of Polish entities and to participate in their scientific activities, primarily research projects and didactics.
- The Programme will allow to invite scientists from all around the world representing all fields of science to the Polish institutions of science and higher education. HEIs, scientific and research institutes will have the opportunity to invite specialists from their priority areas to Poland – they will make a significant contribution to the research conducted by a given institution, strengthen didactics or support the institution in applying for prestigious grants.
- The Programme will facilitate a gradual increase in the number of foreign scientists involved in scientific research and teaching in Poland and also enable or deepen international contacts with foreign institutions.
- Applicant must hold a doctoral degree awarded in a country other than Poland, does not hold Polish citizenship and has not lived, worked or studied in Poland since at least 2017.
- The condition of not being a Polish citizen does not apply to persons who are Polish citizens and whose full cycle of doctoral studies has been financed by the Polish government, as these persons are entitled to participate in the Programme,
- The Programme is open to scientists representing all fields of science.
Duration: 6 to 24 months and they may be accompanied by members of their family, and in the case the Programme participant is a disabled person, by their assistant. Visit under the scholarship may not take place earlier than 1 January 2022 or later than October 2022.
Fellowship value: monthly Scholarship for the duration of their stay and a mobility allowance, which will allow them to cover the travel costs.
How to apply:
|Organization||The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA)|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly scholarship|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 June 2021|