Trudeau Doctoral Scholarships are supported by the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation. Students pursuing research of persuasive present-day concern, research that specifically touches upon one or more of the four themes of the Foundation are backed by this scholarship. Up to 15 Scholarships are granted each year to the finest scholars in the humanities and the social sciences.
Value & Duration
- Up to $60,000/year (which includes annual travel allowance of $20,000) for up to 3 years
- Canadian nationals or landed immigrant applying to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at any Canadian university OR
- Canadian national applying to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a foreign university OR
- Overseas national (preference will be given to candidates from the developing country) applying to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university.
- Applicant must present a research project linked to one of the Foundation’s four themes.
- Applicant must be nominated by a university
Required Documents for application processing:
- Application form
- Letter of nomination signed by a high-ranking official of the organization/University.
- Letters of reference (Three): 2 from academic referees, primarily concerning academic achievements & 1 from a non-academic referee concerning the non-academic aspects of the application.
- Reference letters must be signed and must clearly mention the name and contact information of the referee.
- Transcripts of all post-secondary studies, including CEGEP transcript for candidates who attended CEGEP in Quebec.
- Applications may be submitted:
- Through Canadian University
- Through International University
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Humanities|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for International and Canadian nationals|
|Deadline||January 5, 2021|
For Further Details: Click