TWAS- BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units. BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which must be used to cover living costs (accommodation and food). The language of instruction is English.
Duration: 12-24 months
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
Age limit: 40 years
Sandwich option: not available
- Applicant must be citizens of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Applicant must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent nationality in Thailand or any developed country.
- Applicant must hold doctoral degree in molecular biology/ molecular genetics/ microbiology/ biochemistry/ protein crystallography/ organic chemistry/ biotechnology/ bioinformatics or related disciplines.
- Applicant must apply for the fellowship within 3 years of receiving the doctorate degree in the fields of the natural sciences.
- Applicant must be regular employee at a research or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Applicant must provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC
- Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- Applicant must provide proof of proficiency in English (if the medium of instruction was not English).
- Applicant must provide proof that they will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Applicant must not take up any other assignments during the period of fellowship
- Applicant must be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from to Centre Research Unit Coordination Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
- Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-heads, signed and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and BIOTEC.
- The subject line must contain BIOTEC/PDoc and the candidate’s surname.
- Applicants for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and BIOTEC (by e-mail).
Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Biotechnology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology
|Eligibility||Open for nationals of developing nations (except Thailand)|
|Deadline||30 June 2019|
TWAS Fellowships Office
BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Name of Organisation Field Value