TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme: For young researchers from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in emerging fields in science and technology for which facilities are provided in laboratories and institutes of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
- TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are based in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a least period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
- Eligible CSIR institutions: A list of eligible institutes of CSIR can be obtained here.
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance.
- The language of used for foreign scholars in CSIR laboratories/institutes is English.
Candidates applying for these fellowships must meet following criteria:
- Maximum age of the candidate considered is 45 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Candidate should be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Candidate must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Candidate must hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
- Candidate will be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from host institution
- Candidate will provide proof of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Candidate will provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of fellowship;
- Candidate should not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Candidate be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
01- Agricultural Sciences
02- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03- Biological Systems and Organisms
04- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
05- Chemical Sciences
06- Engineering Sciences
07- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
08- Mathematical Sciences
How to Apply
- Candidates should submit Acceptance Letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by deadline at the latest. Without initial acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and CSIR. The subject line must contain: CSIR/PDoc/candidate’s surname.
- Applications for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should be sent to both TWAS and CSIR (by email).
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
Mr. Jaipal Singh, Senior Technical Officer
International S&T Affairs Directorate (ISTAD)
Anusandhan Bhavan – 2 Rafi Marg
New Delhi 110 001, India
Tel: +91 11 2331 6751
Fax: +91 11 2373 9041, 2371 0618
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Deadline||31 July 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value