TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences (Individuals) are awarded to promising high-level research projects in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics carried out by individual scientists in one of the S&T behind countries identified by TWAS.
Research Grants value: maximum of USD 15,000; may be used to purchase scientific equipment, consumables and specialized literature (textbooks and proceedings only).
Duration: 24 months
- Applicants must be nationals of developing countries.
- Applicant must hold a PhD, be early career researchers, but already have some research experience.
- Applicant must hold a position at a university or research institution in one of the S&TLCs
- Applicant must not exceed 45 years of age.
- Women scientists and those working in Least Developed Countries are especially encouraged.
How to apply:
- Only online submitted applications are accepted.
The deadline for receiving applications is April 22, 2019.
|Organization||The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Country||Science- and technology-lagging countries|
|Subject areas||Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics|
|Fellowship amount||USD 15,000|
|Eligibility||Open to developing countries nationals|
|Deadline||April 22, 2019|