Two (02) PhD Positions: Adaptive Super-Resolution, TU-Delft
Two (02) PhD positions in adaptive super-resolution at the TU-Delft, Faculty Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering
Project: SMART NANOSCOPY OF BIOLOGICAL TISSUES
Advanced imaging methods such as multi-photon excitation microscopy make 3D imaging in thick live tissues possible. If you like tinkering with hardware or the coding of fast computational algorithms to incorporate and extract information from imaging data, then a PhD in super resolution microscopy is just what you are looking for.
The projects involve both hardware and software design, and includes the design of high-speed imaging systems, adaptive optics, and software for aberration sensing, deformable mirror control and data analysis.
The two positions are:
1. PhD on high-speed adaptive optics systems in super-resolution microscopy
2. PhD on high-speed adaptive algorithms in super-resolution microscopy
Qualifications / Requirements
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Master degree or equivalent degree preferably in physics, computer science or control;
- Able to gather and analyse data effectively from different resources to build an eloquent, comprehensible and convincing story;
- Able to manage your time;
- Wide-ranging interdisciplinary interests
- Focused and organised;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to apply creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to produce innovative concepts and solutions.
Sponsored by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, a program with 2 PhD students has been approved in August 2018.
For information about this position, please contact Dr. ir. Carlas Smith, e-mail: email@example.com.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation with reference to one of the two positions, a complete CV with transcripts of all exams taken and obtained degrees (in English) to Irina Bruckner, e-mail: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3mE18-73.
Working hours: 38.0 hours weekly
Duration / Contract: 4 years
Salary: 2325 – 2972 euros monthly (full-time basis)
Closing date: April 28, 2019
Vacancy nr.: 3mE18-73
|Organization||Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Computer Science or Control|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 28, 2019|