The Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research invites applications for two PhD positions in theoretical condensed matter physics. The successful candidates will work in the newly established group on novel quantum materials (group of Dr. Elio Koenig) within the department of quantum many-body theory (department led by Prof. Dr. Walter Metzner).
- Signatures of topology and topological order in correlated materials (mesoscopic transport, quantum sensing, optics)
- Study of artificial quantum many body systems (twistronics and analogue quantum computers of solid state systems).
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in physics or equivalent by the time of employment.
- Applicant must have excellent grades.
- Basic knowledge of quantum many-body theory.
- Proficiency in English (German is not required).
Duration: The initial appointment is for 3 years.
Application to be sent to E.Koenig@fkf.mpg.de including short cover letter and CV
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||until positions are filled|