Two PhD Scholarship in Experimental Nanoscale Physics at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India
SRMIST is NAAC accredited A++ highly rated deemed University with NIRF ranking of 32. Apart from teaching programs, it hosts strong research activities and culture supported by ample Government and Industry funded projects. There are several Centres of Excellence including one in Nanotechnology.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates who are passionate about research and aim successful career in it. The research work will be related to nanoscale device fabrication, patterning of materials, nanowires, semiconductor device physics, flexible electronics for various applications such as sensors, memory devices, etc. You will be able to gain experience in handling novel nanomaterials such as 2D materials, quantum dots, nanoinks, organic and inorganic nanowires, etc. The SRMIST has also started a new program for integrated M.Tech. and PhD. It is one of its kind in India. You will be working in a vibrant and interdisciplinary group of Dr. Abhay Sagade, Associate Professor (Research), Department of Physics. For more details see homepage: https://sites.google.com/view/abhay-sagade/
- Three years SRMIST-Scholarship to pursue PhD at world-class University.
- Cutting-edge research topics in experimental nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Opportunity to work and visit several national and international institutions to develop in-depth knowledge and skills. To take part in exchange programs.
- Possibility of Teaching Assistantship to gain experience in teaching.
- On-campus hostel facility with necessary amenities for sports, food and entertainment.
- To present your research work in international conferences and workshops.
- First Class or equivalent in both Bachelor’s (B.Sc./BS/B.Tech.) and Master’s degrees (M.Sc./MS/M.Tech.) in Physics or Electronics, Nanotechnology/Materials Science with specialization in Solid State Physics/Condensed Matter Physics/Materials Science/Nanotechnology/Electrical Engineering.
- Those who have appeared for their Master’s degree final examinations and waiting for the results are also eligible to apply.
- The successful candidate is expected to use existing equipment, build new facilities, and develop novel skills in nanostructured materials synthesis, device fabrications, electrical measurements, and scientific publications in peer-reviewed papers & patents.
- Any Indian national level test qualified applicant will be given preference.
Last Date of Application: 31st July 2020
How To Apply
For more clarification and information, the applicant may contact Dr. Abhay Sagade (email@example.com). In an Email you can write/attach: i) A cover letter (strictly less than 2 pages which contains research experience, motivation and skills) and ii) Curriculum Vitae (academic details of years of passing, grades, academic activities, prizes, awards, etc.)
Note: Do not send any academic certificates by email.
|Subject areas||physics, nanoelectronics, condensed matter physics, materials science, electronics engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||July 31, 2020|