Two PhD Scholarship in Experimental Low-dimensional Physics at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India
SRMIST is NAAC accredited A++ highly rated deemed University and in top 100 NIRF ranking. Apart from teaching programs, it hosts strong research activities supported by ample Government and Industry funded projects. There are several Centres of Excellence including one in Nanotechnology.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates who are passionate about research and aim successful career in it. The research work will be related to nanoscale device fabrication, patterning of materials, nanowires, semiconductor device physics, flexible electronics for various electronic applications such as sensors, memory devices, etc. The researcher will be able to gain experience in handling novel nanomaterials such as 2D materials, quantum dots, nanoinks, organic and inorganic nanowires, etc. The position is available in a vibrant and interdisciplinary group of Dr. Abhay Sagade, Associate Professor (Research) at Department of Physics. Visit homepage for more information on group activities and before submitting application: https://sites.google.com/view/abhay-sagade/
- Three years SRMIST-Scholarship to pursue PhD at world-class University.
- Cutting-edge research topics in experimental nanoscale electronic devices.
- Opportunity to work and visit several national and international institutions to develop in-depth knowledge and skills. To take part in exchange programs.
- Possibility of Teaching Assistantship to gain experience in teaching.
- On-campus hostel facility with necessary amenities for sports, food and entertainment.
- To present your research work in international conferences and workshops.
- First Class or equivalent in both Bachelor’s (B.Sc./BS/B.Tech.) and Master’s (M.Sc./MS/M.Tech.) degrees in Physics or Electronics, Nanotechnology/Materials Science with specialization in Solid State Physics/Condensed Matter Physics/Electrical Engineering. NOTE, ANY DISCIPLINES OTHER THAN MENTIONED HERE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Those who have appeared for their Master’s degree final examinations and waiting for the results are also eligible to apply.
- The successful candidate is expected to use existing equipment, build new facilities, and develop novel skills in nanostructured materials synthesis, device fabrications, electrical measurements, and scientific publications in peer-reviewed papers & patents.
- Any Indian national level test qualified applicant will be given preference.
How To Apply
For more clarification and information, the applicant may contact Dr. Abhay Sagade (email@example.com). THE APPLICATION SHOULD BE IN A PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN HERE. The Email should have following attachments: i) A cover letter (strictly less than 2 pages which contains Master thesis research experience, skills and motivation to join the group), and ii) Curriculum Vitae (academic details of years of passing, subjects, percentage/grades, academic activities, prizes, awards, software skills, etc.).
Note: Do not send any academic certificates by email.
|Subject areas||physics, nanoelectronics, condensed matter physics, materials science, electronics engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||October 31, 2020|