The Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM) University of Helsinki is looking for two excellent and motivated postdoctoral researchers to join INTERVENE under the supervision of Prof. Samuli Ripatti and Dr. Andrea Ganna. Both positions are fully funded for 2-3 years with an additional possibility of extension.
About the position:
- The first INTERVENE postdoc will coordinate a multinational breast cancer clinical pilot study on translating genetic information to stratified treatment and screening.
- Candidates should have a background in clinical or medical genetics, or epidemiology/public health with statistics/data science/epidemiological skill set and an interest in developing tools to help clinicians make genetically informed decisions in their choices for treatment and cancer screening.
- The second INTERVENE postdoc will work on the development and application of next generation risk prediction tools and pilot cutting edge approaches for disease prevention, diagnosis, and personalized treatment.
- The ideal candidate would also have experience in genetic prediction methods (e.g. polygenic risk scores) from genome-wide association studies and sequencing data.
- Candidates should hold an M.D. degree and/or a Ph.D. or be about to finish the doctorate studies in the field of Genetics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Sciences, (Genetic) Epidemiology or Clinical Medicine.
How to apply:
Apply online (documents should be submitted as a single PDF file) and the application should include:
- Cover letter
- List of publications
- Contact information for referees
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Subject areas||Genetics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Sciences, (Genetic) Epidemiology, Clinical Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 16th, 2021|