The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a world class institute for research and teaching, regularly ranked among the best universities in the world. The diversity that international students contribute to the community enhances it immensely. UBC identifies the academic accomplishment of exceptional students from world over by dedicating more than $10 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
University of British Columbia offers Merit-based awards:
- International Major Entrance Scholarship
- Outstanding International Student Award
IMES- International Major Entrance Scholarship
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are granted to excellent international students entering bachelor’s programs at University. Students receive their scholarships when they enter their Ist year, and the scholarships are renewable for up to 3 additional years of study.
Scholarship value: $40,000 CAD, payable at up to $10,000 CAD/year for 4 years.
- Applicant must be a new student entering directly from secondary school.
- Applicant must be an international student who will be studying at University on a Canadian study permit with student visa. Changes to nationality status will affect IMES eligibility.
- Applicant must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, intellectual promise, as well as extraordinary extracurricular and community involvement.
- Applicant must apply to UBC by January 15.
OIS- Outstanding International Student Award
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students when they are offered admission to the University.
Scholarship value: $2,500 to $10,000 CAD
- Applicant must be new entrant to the University, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college)
- Applicant must be an overseas student studying on a Canadian study permit with student visa. Changes to nationality status will affect scholarship eligibility.
- Applicant must prove exceptional academic achievement and strong extra-curricular involvement
- Applicant must apply to University by January 15.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th January (Yearly)|
For Further Details: Click