UC Connect Doctoral scholarships are co-funded by the University of Canterbury and external agencies to support students for study towards a research PhD degree.
Application of molecular techniques to find out the efficient diversity of organisms regulating carbon and nitrogen dynamics, leaching and gaseous nitrogen losses in grazed grassland.
Academic Departments and Schools
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Art History
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Cinema Studies
- Civil and Natural Resources Engineering
- Communication Disorders
- Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Cultural Studies
- Digital Humanities
- Economics and Finance
- Educational Studies and Leadership
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Fine Arts
- Geological Sciences
- Global, Cultural and Language Studies
- Health Sciences
- Humanities and Creative Arts
- Human Services
- Language, Social and Political Sciences
- Management, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship
- Māori and Indigenous Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Communication
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science and International Relations
- Product Design
- Social Work
- Sport and Physical Education
- Teacher Education
- Doctoral candidate with a high level of academic achievement at the UG and PG level.
- Candidate will be required to have a B.Sc. (Hons) or equivalent to enroll as a PhD candidate at the University of Canterbury.
- Candidate will need a background in Plant Physiology, Soil Science.
- Some education in Biochemistry, Genomics, Bio-informatics, Molecular Biology would be an advantage.
- Doctoral candidate will be required to carry out both fieldwork and lab based investigations in the course of their research.
The candidate will also get the chance to present their work at an international conference in the second half of their project. Skype interviews will be conducted with short-listed potential candidates in July
|Organization||University of Canterbury|
|Fellowship Level||PhD (UC Connect PhD Scholarship)|
Science and Engineering
|Fellowship amount||NZD 21,000 p.a.+ tuition fees|
|Eligibility||Open for international students|
Prof. Matthew Turnbull
School of Biological Sciences
University of Canterbury
Tel +64 3 364 2987 (Ext 7040)
Fax +64 3 364 2590