University Grants Commission (UGC)
University Grants Commission (UGC) has introduced a scheme of Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Women to those candidates, who are unemployed holding doctoral degree in their respective subject areas. The fellowship aims to speed up the talented instincts of the women candidates to carry out the higher studies and research.
Duration: 5 years (no extension).
Number of fellowships: 100 every year.
- The applicant must not be employed.
- The applicant must have been awarded the Doctoral degree to be eligible to apply (Provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded).
- Age: upper age limit is 55 years of age. There shall be age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (Persons with Disabilities for 5 years.
- Applicant must have scored minimum 55% of marks at UG level and minimum 60% of marks at PG level (general category).
- Applicant must have scored minimum 50% of marks at UG level and minimum 55% of marks at PG level (reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
- Applicants applying for postdoc fellowship must upload the NOC from the proposed research centre duly signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/ Director of the University/College/Institute.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per the Govt. of India norms.
- Fellowship: Rs.38,800/per month for fresh candidates; Rs.46,500/p.m. after two years.
- Contingency A: Rs.50,000/-p.a. 5 years
- Escorts/Reader assistance: 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of PWD (Person with disability)
- HRA: Post-Doctoral Fellowship provided with accommodation in hostel recognized/ maintained by the institutions may be reimbursed the hostel fee, excluding mess, electricity, water charges, etc.
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||8th Aug 2016|
For Further Details: Click