Ultrafast Optical Dynamics of Solids research group led by Prof. Simon Wall at ICFO, The Institute of Photonic Sciences in Barcelona, Spain is inviting applications for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow.
Ultrafast Optical Dynamics of Solids research group will make use of the recent ultrafast optical and X ray techniques both at ICFO and user services around the world. The investigational findings will be supported by theoretical support from the Quantum Optics Theory research group led by Prof. Maciej Lewenstein.
Research Topic: Exploring lattice anharmonicity in high-Tc superconductors.
This project’s goal is to re-test the application of the lattice in the cuprate superconductors. Specifically, investigations will be directed towards the role of anharmonicity, which will be considered in the context of the newly developed fluctuating bond model of high temperature superconductivity.
- Appropriate applicants must have a PhD in a related field (or evidence of its completion in the future). Applicant must have excellent background in correlated materials and/or ultrafast physics.
- Applicants with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- There are NO restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFO positions
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Motivation Letter with research interest
- Applicants should be willing to be in touch by phone during the selection process.
- Applicants may contact email@example.com for informal inquiries related to the application. Scientific inquiries should be directed towards Prof. Simon Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The call will remain open until suitable candidates are selected.
|Organization||Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)|
|Subject areas||Applied Physics|
|Eligibility||Degree in relevant subject|
|Deadline||Until positions are filled.|