Umeå University calls for 02 postdoc researchers to a cross-disciplinary disability project funded by the ERC. The Postdoc positions are funded by a cross-disciplinary project (2016-21) led by Lotta Vikström that has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovative programme, ”DISLIFE Liveable disabilities: Life courses and opportunity structures across time”.
Duration: Each of the two positions is available for 02 years focusing on disability in present-day society.
- Applicant must hold doctoral degree, or a foreign degree that is equivalent, preferably not more than 03 years before application closing date.
- The PhD degree or other scientific merits not necessarily be based on disability studies but be beneficial to the disability research the candidates propose and to the DISLIFE project.
- scientific merits
- quality of the research plan & its relevance to one or more of the four research themes of the DISLIFE project
- ability to work both independently and as member of a group
- oral and writing communication ability
- willingness to contribute disability research that aspires to the highest levels of scholarly excellence
Following documents must be provided in English or Swedish:
- Letter of interest (motivation for applying for the present position)
- Certified copies of degree certificates (date of thesis defense and its title, current and previous positions, grants, awards, research collaborations)
- Complete publication list with copies of 3-5 most relevant works (including thesis)
- Research plan (describing aims, methods and theories of the study and positions it in a research context and in relation to the DISLIFE project)
- List of 2-3 referees including their positions and contact details
|Deadline||November 4, 2016|
For Further Details: Click