University of Bern (UniBE) offers young scholars a stimulating research environment with excellent infrastructure and a diverse range of subjects in which they can deepen their knowledge. As part of the implementation of the 2021 strategy as it relates to support for young researchers and to the university’s internationalization the Vice-Rectorate Development offers up to 15 Doctoral Positions for upcoming, international scholars
- Applications are open to highly motivated graduates of master’s programmes who have excelled in any discipline that is available at the University of Bern.
- Applicants must have completed all of their studies-to-date outside of Switzerland, and achieved outstanding grades in their master’s degree.
- Applicant must have attained master’s degree not more than 3 years ago.
Duration: The positions are limited to 3 years
Starting date: before 1st of January 2018
Value: Payment is according to the regulations of the Swiss National Fund (SNF). A prerequisite for the application process however, is that a doctoral supervisor from the University of Bern is prepared to cover 50% of the wages for the 3 year period.
The application is made in consultation with the supervisor in either German, English or French.
- Applications with all relevant documents to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form
- Copy of ID
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic qualifications
- Certification from the university from where master’s degree was attained that applicant has permission to engage in doctoral studies.
- Certificates for relevant language skills.
- An outline of planned dissertation (maximum 5000 characters including spaces).
- List of publications (if available).
- Confirmation from the supervisor at the University of Bern (use the form “Confirmation of Supervisor”).
- A letter from your supervisor stating: applicant’s potential as a PhD student and the quality of research project.
|Organization||University of Bern|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to International students|
|Deadline||14 May 2017|
For Further Details: Click