The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Department of Continuing Education and Education Management (we.b) at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in Germany are jointly organising the DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD in Oldenburg, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in developing countries to tackle successfully every-day challenges. The programme is a Blended-Learning programme for young University Leaders within the field of Higher Education Management.
About the programme:
- The programme focuses on Project Management, Financing and Investment, and Management of Human Resource as well as the development and implementation of individual and innovative projects.
- The programme is directed at young University Leaders in South East Asia, South and East Africa, South and Central America, and the Middle East.
- The key objective of UNILEAD is to bring together a group of approx. 25 professionals working in middle to senior level management at (Higher) Education Institutions.
- The idea is to enable the participants to tackle inherent problems of their positions.
- Participants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years and hold at least a Master’s degree.
- Candidates must have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities for at least two years in one of the following fields: Managers of central university departments (Planning, Evaluation, Financing, Human Resources, Continuing Education, International Offices, Technology Transfer etc.); Task force managers for university reform projects; Managers of staff development units or programmes.
Apply online with the following information and documents:
- Application Form including a clear practice-oriented Project Proposal.
- Letter of Motivation including date and signature
- Letter of Recommendation from university top management (President/Rector or Vice Chancellor/Vice-Rector of the university) including date and signature in which the managerial qualifications and leadership competencies, the future potential of the candidate is described and emphasized
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) will be an asset (pdf-file).
|Organization||University of Oldenburg|
|Subject areas||Management, Human resource, Education|
|Eligibility||Open to selected countries|