University of Miami – UMPIRE Program for International students: The University of Miami Program for International Research and Education: The program is an innovative offering for Foreign Medical Graduates, in conjunction with Dr. Nirmala Swami Charitable Trust
The match procedure for a United States (US) residency is a complex and difficult process. As the gap between the number of available residency positions in the US and the number of graduating US medical students narrows, the amount of positions available to international medical graduates decrease.
To successfully match into a training position there are multiple criteria such as scores on the United States Medical Licensure Examination, previous US medical experience and prior participation in research. Therefore, preparing for this process and enhancing the educational grounding of highly selected international medical graduates in research, clinical experience and exposure to the US medical system will be beneficial.
Leonardo Tamariz, M.D, M.P.H
University of Miami
Aims of UMPIRE Program
- Identify international candidates for training in US with have superior clinical skills and are research oriented.
- To prepare the candidates for the expectations of the matching program & improve their visibility to US residency programs.
Who can Apply: Target audience
- The Scholarship is open for all
- Physicians planning to do residencies in the United States in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Anesthesia, Neurology, and Pediatrics.
|Organization||University of Miami, UMPIRE Program|
|Fellowship Level||For Doctors|
|Eligibility||Open for Intentional Students|
- Name of Organisation Field Value