University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship provides funding to support doctoral students studying at the University of Otago.
The Scholarship is available to both domestic and international students. Candidates for professional doctorates, as well as the PhD, are welcome to apply.
Qualifications: Applicants must usually be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification. Must posses Masters degree.
Doctor of Philosophy – NZ$27,000 stipend per annum plus a domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excludes student services fee and insurance)
Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd) – NZ$27,000 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months capped at the domestic rate (excludes student services fee and insurance).
Number offered: Up to 200 annually
Closing date: Applicants can apply anytime
University of Otago scholarships Schemes
- The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship: is the main doctoral scholarship, open to both international and domestic applicants.
- University of Otago Māori Doctoral Scholarship: $27,000 plus tuition fee waiver for Māori thesis PhD candidates.
- University of Otago Pacific Island Doctoral Scholarship: $27,000 plus tuition fee waiver for indigenous Pacific Island thesis candidates.
- University of Otago China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship
candidates who are supported by the China Scholarship Council.
- University of Otago City of Literature PhD Scholarship: support doctoral research in the study of literature.
- University of Otago Special Health Research Scholarship: $27,000 plus tuition fee waiver for thesis PhD candidates.
- Alliance Group Postgraduate Scholarship: $27,500 plus tuition fee waiver for thesis PhD candidates.
- Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship: $27,000 per year plus a tuition fee waiver for 3 years for PhD study.
- Bruggeman Postgraduate Scholarship in Classics: Postgraduate funding to support Classics PhD candidates.
- Dr Sulaiman Daud 125th Jubilee Postgraduate Scholarship: Scholarship funding to support candidates from Malaysia.
- Fanny Evans Postgraduate Scholarship for Women: Scholarship funds to help women postgraduate students.
- Gilbert M. Tothill Scholarship in Psychological Medicine: $10,000 per year to support a student conducting research in Psychiatry, Psychological Medicine or a related field.
- James Park Scholarship In Geology: Postgraduate funding to support research in the area of New Zealand mineral resources.
- Macandrew-Stout Postgraduate Scholarship in Economics: Funding to supportcandidates studying Economics.
- Postgraduate Tassell Scholarship in Cancer Research: Funding to supporting cancer research.
- Senior Smeaton Scholarship: Postgraduate study in Experimental Science.
- Waddell Smith Postgraduate Scholarship in Education: $2,000 towards postgraduate study in Education.
- Williamson Medical Research PhD Scholarship: Funding to support study in the field of medical research.
Applications for these scholarships are made online through the eVision portal and can be made at any time of the year.
|Organization||University of Otago|
|Subject areas||All disciplines offered by University|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for selected nationals|