University of Tartu is inviting applications for its PhD program in several subjects. This University is Estonia’s leading research and development institution with more than 1400 Doctoral students conducting reseach at the university each year.
About the program:
- Doctoral schools at the University of Tartu (UT) facilitate special projects, foster international collaboration and bring extra funding and support for PhD studies, including international seminars and practical skills training.
- UT belongs to the top 1% of the world’s most-cited universities and research institutions in the fields of Clinical Medicine, Chemistry, Environment/Ecology, Plant and Animal Science, Geosciences, Social Sciences (general), Biology and Biochemistry and Engineering.
Duration: 4 years
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Estonian and Finno-Ugric Linguistics
- Germanic and Romance Languages and Literatures
- Literature and Cultural Research
- Russian and Slavonic Philology
- Semiotics and Culture Studies
- Theology and Religious Studies
Faculty of Medicine
- Exercise and Sport Sciences
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Economics and Business Administration
- Educational Science
- Media and Communication
- Political Science
Faculty of Science and Technology
Candidates need to apply for the selected projects/research topics!
- Botany and Ecology
- Chemistry Admission
- Computer Science
- Educational Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Environmental Technology
- Zoology and Hydrobiology
- Gene Technology
- Materials Science
- Mathematical Statistics
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Molecular Engineering
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree or a corresponding level of education (some faculties may require an entrance examination or interview).
- All eligible applicants are ranked and ranking is based on the results of entrance examinations and other programme-specific requirements set for a particular PhD curriculum.
- The language of instruction for most of the doctoral programmes is English, therefore all applicants must provide proof of English language proficiency at a satisfactory level.
- Applicants to the Russian and Slavonic Philology PhD programme must provide a proof of Russian language proficiency at a satisfactory level (proof of English language proficiency is not required).
Tuition fee and scholarships
- There is no tuition fee for PhD studies
- Students studying full time have the right to receive a monthly stipend of 660 euros.
|Organization||University of Tartu|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology, Social Science, Medicine, Arts and Humanities|
|Fellowship amount||monthly stipend of 660 euros|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May, June, November|
- Name of Organisation Field Value