University of Warsaw: Assistant Professor/Postdoc position
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Physics is inviting applications for the post of Assistant Professor and Post-doctorate
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (ADJUNCT)
No. of Positions: 01
Subject: Mathematical Physics
Eligibility: Doctorate in physics or mathematics.
- Application with the acceptance for the treatment of personal data
- CV including e-mail address
- Information about scientific career and teaching experience
- List of scientific publications with citation numbers
- Research plan
- Copy of PhD diploma
- University personal data form
- Reference Letters (02) from professors or senior staff members familiar with the candidate (including PhD supervisor).
- Adjunct (Associate Professor)
Subject: Geophysics, Atmospheric Physics
Deadline: until the position is filled
Eligibility: applicant must have Ph.D degree in physics, Earth sciences, meteorology, climatology or nearby scientific disciplines to join the Atmospheric Physics Division at the Institute of Geophysics.
- List of publications
- Scientific and teaching experience
- Certified copy of PhD Diploma
How to apply:
- Email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post-Doctoral Position
Duration: 18 months.
- Candidate with background in computational atmospheric science.
- Interdisciplinary experience that would contribute to bridging aerosol/cloud micro/macro physics/chemistry will be appreciated.
- Experience in co-operative programming, knowledge of C++ and/or Python, and general knowledge of open standards and tools of applicability in numerical modelling will all constitute additional assets.
- Excellent command of (written and spoken) English is essential
- Candidate must hold a PhD degree by the date of appointment.
Location: Warsaw, Poland.
The project is carried out in association with partners from NCAR and ECMWF.
How to apply: The applications should include:
- Experience and research track record.
- Cover letter outlining the motivation
- Names of two reference persons.
- Applications can be sent to Prof. Hanna Pawlowska; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Post-doctoral position:
Title of the project: Modeling of graphene structures coupled to metal and insulators
Duration: 3 years
- candidate must have PhD thesis completed not longer than 4 years ago, with experience in computational condensed matter physics,
- candidate must have very good knowledge of the density functional theory and numerical codes employing it, with publishing record covering calculations for graphene and/or van der Waals forces
- Candidate must have ability to program in C++ and/or in Fortran.
- Candidate must have good command of English.
- Applications are also invited from people who completed PhD thesis, however, had not formally obtained PhD degree in the moment of the application (in this case they should provide the copy of the thesis).
How to apply:
- Applications must be sent to Prof. Jacek A. Majewski e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicants must provide CV with detailed description of scientific achievements, list of publications, cover letter outlining the motivation, and contact data of two potential references.
|Organization||University of Warsaw|
|Deadline||Different deadlines for all posts|
For more info on positions:
For Further Details: Click