The Department of Government at Uppsala University is inviting applications for up to Seven Doctoral Positions in Political Science.
About the position:
- The selected students must primarily devote their time to their own degree work and dissertation research. Other departmental duties may also be included in the position, such as, teaching or administrative tasks, but at no more than 20%.
- The aim of the project is to increase knowledge about the impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in society, with a focus on political communication, including its visual aspects.
- One of the positions in the doctoral program in political science is linked to the research project. The genetics of life course outcomes: Leveraging new methods to advance social-science genomics.
- Applicants must hold an advanced level graduate degree (Master’s degree equivalent or higher), fulfilled course requirements for at least 240 ECTS points, of which, at least 60 ECTS points must have been completed at an advanced level, or otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in Sweden or abroad.
- For special eligibility for admission to the doctoral studies program in political science, the applicant is required to have satisfactory results in courses equivalent to 90 ECTS points in political science.
- Special eligibility is also granted to anyone who has otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in Sweden or abroad.
How to apply:
Apply online and the application must contain the following:
- A brief statement of intent (max 500 words).
- Thesis or research article (or equivalent) in English or Swedish, clearly designated as the primary research writing sample.
- Thesis or research article (or equivalent) in English or Swedish, clearly designated as the secondary research writing sample.
- At least one of the designated research samples must be single-authored. If the other sample is co-authored, it must be accompanied by a co-author statement.
- A self-reflection statement on the applicant’s designated theses or articles where she/he discusses its main strengths and weaknesses (max. 1000 words).
- Certified transcripts of academic records (to demonstrate qualification for admission).
- Contact information for two academic references (address, email address, and telephone number).
|Subject areas||Political Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 5, 2021|