The Department of Business Studies within the Faculty of Social Sciences at Uppsala University is seeking up to 8 PhD students. The starting date will be September 1, 2020.
- International Business
About the positions and projects:
- 2 general PhD student employments in Business Studies, financed with doctoral studentships. We would like to see applicants in Accounting, International Business and Marketing but also in Entrepreneurship and Organization.
- up to 6 PhD student employments in Business Studies related to the following research projects:
- Project 1: The Role of Human Cognition, Intuitive Expertise and IT in Strategic and Operational Decision Making
- Project 2: Implementation of New Work Processes and Technologies in Connection with the Electrification of the Automotive and Power Grid Industries
- Project 3: Value Co-Creation and ICT innovations in a Science Megaproject
- Project 4: Connectivity Leadership
- Project 5: Digitalization of Financial Services
- Applicant must hold an advanced level qualification, has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits awarded at the advanced level, or has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way. The specific entry requirement: courses in Business Studies comprising 90 credits.
- Language requirement: All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden (“English 6”). This can be done in a number of ways, including through an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS, or through previous upper secondary (high school) or university studies.
- The minimum test scores are: IELTS: an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5 TOEFL: Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1–6) in written test and a total score of 575. Internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0–30) in written test and a total score of 90 Cambridge: CAE, CPE
Apply online and the application must include:
- Certified graduation diploma and transcripts of academic records, and other relevant documents that prove general and specific eligibility.
- Research proposal in either English or Swedish (max. 12,000 characters including spaces). The research proposal should address the main research questions and the relevance of the project, relate the project to relevant previous research in the field, and present issues regarding data and methodology.
- Motivation letter
- Master Thesis and books, articles, scripts, etc invoked.
- Documents which verify that the language proficiency requirements are fulfilled.
- Two letters of reference/recommendation (for example, from university teachers or employers). The letters have to include the contact information to the referees (e-mail address and phone number).The recommendation should state in what way the referent has known the applicant.
|Subject areas||Business Studies, Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 31, 2020|