Uppsala University Postdoctoral position: Uppsala University Postdoctoral position
Nationality: open for all
Uppsala University in Sweden is a research university. Its aim is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society.
The department of Medicinal Chemistry conducts research and teaching in the field of drug discovery.
The focus is on development of molecular imaging methodologies for improved diagnosis, management and treatment of metabolic disease and cancer.
Number of positions: 1
Salary: Individually negotiated salary
Starting date: 1st April 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Position: Temporary position
Duration: 2 years
- The aim of the project is to develop and evaluate PET radiopharmaceuticals for in vivo molecular imaging of inflammatory processes and beta cell mass.
- The radiopharmaceuticals will be used to study disease processes in models of diabetes and cancer.
- The radiopharmaceutical development may include radiolabeling/ radiochemistry, in vitro evaluation (cells and autoradiography) and in vivo evaluation (PET imaging, image analysis, biodistribution and dosimetry).
- Apart from research, the postdoc may participate in teaching and routine maintenance of the lab.
- Candidates who expect to soon have, a PhD degree in biomedicine, engineering, chemistry, natural sciences, pharmacy, medicine or similar or who already have a PhD
- The applicant must have completed a maximum of 3 years before the final application date.
- During certain circumstances, an earlier PhD can be acceptable. Certain circumstances include leave due to illness, maternity leave, in trade unions, etc.
- The assessment of applications is based primarily on the applicant’s ability to conduct independent research based on scientific skill.
- Experience of laboratory work including radiochemistry, in vitro (cells/ autoradiography) and in vivo (biodistribution, PET/SPECT/CT/MRI imaging, image analysis) evaluation of radiopharmaceuticals would be strongly preferred.
- Completed courses in laboratory animal science (e.g. FELASA C) or radiation protection would be an advantage.
- The applicant must be fluent in both speaking and writing English with excellent communication skills.
Documents required: The application should be written in English and contain the following:
- A cover letter describing the applicant’s research interests and previous experience of research
- A detailed updated CV
- A list of previous publications,
- Copies of diplomas and certificates of higher academic degrees.
- Contact details (name, e-mail, phone number) of at least 2 referees and/or letters of recommendation.
Selection process: selection would be based on the merit of the student. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as soon as possible after the application deadline.
For further information about the position one can contact:
Associate Senior Lecturer Olof Eriksson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Union representative: Seko Universitetsklubben email@example.com
Reference Number: UFV-PA 2019/6
Application Deadline: 1st March, 2019
|Subject Areas||Medicinal Chemistry|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
|Deadline||1st March, 2019