The Vienna Biocenter (VBC) Summer School offers a unique opportunity to undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment. The program aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere.
Number of fellowships: approximately 30
Fellowship value: accommodation; travel allowance; stipend for the duration of the scholarship.
The school is an association between 4 of Europe’s leading research institutes:
- Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP)
- Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA)
- Max F. Perutz Laboratories (MFPL)
- Gregor Mendel Institute (GMI).
Starting date: Last Friday in June and finishes on the the last Friday of August each year.
- Applications are invited from students (BA, Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study (completed at least 2 years of a University study, 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Applicant must have some previous research experience
- Applicant must hold excellent academic record
- Applicant must possess high level of English language proficiency (A formal proof of competence in English (IELTS, CPE or TOEFL) is recommended but not compulsory).
- Proof of enrolment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
- Applicants will be asked to specify the names of three lab heads in their order of preference.
The program, starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the last Friday of August each year.
|Organization||Vienna Biocenter (VBC)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 January (yearly)|