Vice Chancellor and President’s Scholarships: Vice Chancellor and President’s Scholarships: South Australia University
In order to provide the opportunity to study in Australia the University of South Australia is offering Vice-Chancellor and President’s Scholarships. International, as well as domestic applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The funding for the research project activities identified in the candidate’s application would be provided for by the Vice-Chancellor and President’s Scholarship. The University of South Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of South Australia.
Level of Study: PhD program
Subject Areas: Areas of study and research are:
- Health Sciences
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Engineering and
- the Environment
Scholarship Award Details: $10,000 would be given.
The scholarship award is aimed at supporting recipients whose research project exemplifies the objectives of the Transformed PhD and who can demonstrate how they would use the scholarship to further achieve these objectives. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseas and domestic trips for the purpose of collecting data with an end user or industry partner
- Engaging with an end user from government, industry and/or community on the research project
- Activities that broaden the student’s focus on entrepreneurship and innovation
- Transferable skills development
- Opportunities to present their research at a conference
Number of Scholarships: Eight scholarships are awarded per year.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Applicants must have their previous degree.
- International Applicants in order to be able to study in University of South Australia will be required to meet specific English language or other language requirements.
- The scholarships are available to international or domestic students who are undertaking a PhD at the University of South Australia.
- The successful students must be enrolled in a PhD at the university within 12 months of from the time of application
- The student should be in receipt of a Commonwealth or UniSA funded scholarship
- The students application must be highly ranked amongst other scholarship applications
Note: It is expected that the student’s supervisory panel will comprise at least 3 supervisors including an end-user advisor.
Nationality: International, as well as Domestic applicants, are eligible to apply
How to Apply: Upon invitation, applicants will need to complete the application form provided. The application will require:
- A one page proposal clearly mentioning the research project and how it exemplifies the objectives of the Transformed PhD.
- The proposal must also clearly describe how the scholarship will be used to achieve these objectives and
- The Principal supervisor’s supporting statement on behalf of the supervisory panel
|Organization||University of South Australia|
|Subject Areas||Listed above|
|Eligibility||As listed above|